Tuesday, December 1 – Daily Workouts
FIRST DAY OF ADVENT
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
3:00PM TO 5:30PM
3:30-3:45 Snack break
3:45-4:00 Homework time.
4:00-4:30 Active Play
Warmup: When I Say Jump/ When I Say Drop!
- Kids do mountain climbers. Each time coach yells jump, they do a vertical jump for height, drop down and continue doing mountain climbers. Continue for about 2 minutes
- Kids do air squats. When coach yells drop, they drop and do a burpee and resume air squats.
- 6 minute AMRAP: Have your athletes break up into partners. Partner 1 is stationed on one side of the gym and partner 2 is on the opposite side. The clock begins on your count and partner 1 does 6 abmat sit-ups as quickly as possibly while partner 2 holds a plank. Partner 2 is only allowed to come out of plank once they are tagged by partner 1 who has to run all the way across the gym upon completion of the sit-ups to tag in their partner.
Skill: Wall walks- Athletes will be practicing their wall walks on the mats. Have the athletes get as close to the wall as they can with their hands.
4:30 Run Club
5:00-:5:30 Brain fun, puzzle games, quiet reading
RUN CLUB @ 4:30 pm
MIGHTY MINIS (AGES 3 to 5) @ 5:30 pm – CROSSFIT DAY
INTRO: Whiteboard Meeting – CROSSFIT DAY!
WARM UP: 4-Station Relay
- Set Up four cones and have kids line up in even-ish groups behind the cones. Hand some token (we use a cut pool noodle) to the first kid in two of the lines facing opposite each other to use as a baton. On go, the children with the batons will run clock wise to the first child at the next cone and hand off the baton. This will continue until one of the batons catch the other from behind. Once they hand off the baton, they will go to the end of the line that they just arrived at. Once this happens, start the game over, go for approximately five minutes)
FOCUS: Plank, Stink Bug & Saggy Belly
WOD: AMRAP 5 minutes
- Broad jump
- Monkey Hangs
GAME: Duck Duck Goose
DESCRIPTION OF GAME (SET-UP, RULES, CHOREOGRAPHY)…from CrossFit Kids
- Have children sit in a circle with the special leader named as the “ducker.” When the coach says begin, the ducker will walk around the circle gently tapping each child in succession on their saying either “duck” or “Goose.” When the ducker says “goose,” the child called the goose will get up and chase the ducker around the circle. If the ducker makes it back to the goose’s position and seated without being tagged, then the goose will stand in the middle and perform 3 perfect squats, if the ducker is caught before they reach the position, then they will move to the middle and do the squats. Each person should be the ducker once before anyone goes a second time.
CROSSFIT KIDS (Ages 6 to 9) @ 6:30pm
INTRO: Whiteboard Meeting
SKILL: Hand Release Push Ups
WOD: AMRAP 7 minutes
- 5 Push ups
- 15m Bear Crawl
- 5 Sit ups
- 15m Crab walk
- Every minutes stop and complete 4 Air Squats on the spot!
MOBILITY: Team Stretch before game time…talk about the importance of eating vegetables and why
GAME: Human Frogger
- EQUIPMENT/PROP REQUIREMENTS…from CrossFit Kids HQ
- Light medicine balls, less than 6 lb. (any type of light ball may be substituted)
- DESCRIPTION OF GAME (SET-UP, RULES, CHOREOGRAPHY)
- This is an adaption on the 1980s arcade game. Kids stand opposite a partner in two lines approximately 2 m apart. One athlete in each pair is holding a medicine ball. One person (the Frog) waits at the end of the column. At the start of the game, everyone but the
- Frog gets into the bottom of the squat position and rolls (no throwing!) the medicine ball between partners. The medicine balls represent the “cars” the Frog is trying to get past. The Frog attempts to frog-hop down the column without getting tagged by the medicine balls. Players take turns getting to be the Frog.
CROSSFIT PRETEEN (Ages 10 to 13) @ 7:30pm
INTRO: Whiteboard Meeting
WARM UP: Monkey Bars!
STRENGTH: Should Press from Rack
WOD: Death by 10 meters
- With a continuously running clock perform 1 sprint (10 meters) the first minute, 2 sprints (10meters) the second minute, 3 sprints the third minute, and so on, continuing to add 1 sprint each minute until you cannot complete the required number of 10 meter sprints in the given minute.
CHALLENGE: Battle Ropes & Jump Ropes Tabata